DataSpark are leaders in processing large geospatial temporal mobility data to deliver intelligence on people and places using the highest data privacy standards. Understanding how people move, where they go and what they do enables organisations to make more informed decisions from planning capital expenditure to creating better customer experiences. DataSpark (known as DSpark in Australia) is part of the NCS Group with offices across Australia, Singapore, the Philippines, and Indonesia.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join us to build robust data platforms and applications that incorporate data science and machine learning algorithms and models to solve problems in telco network management, transportation, urban planning, real time crowd management, and retail intelligence, to name a few. This is a great opportunity to learn all aspects of how to build software products that encompass advanced algorithms and vast volume of fast data.
At DataSpark, you get to work with rich and diverse datasets, cutting edge technology, and you get to see the impact of your results in real business and government decisions, which in turn provide positive social benefit for consumers at a large scale. As a startup that is part of NCS, DataSpark provides an enviable work environment with spirited trailblazing and industrial countenance. Working alongside creative, energetic and passionate teammates from around the world, you get to be a part of our exciting growth journey as we build the company to the next level.
Reporting to the Product Management Lead, this role is responsible for the following:
Market research and requirement management :
- Engage regularly with Sales and Delivery teams to understand current and anticipated needs of customers across different geographies
- Analyse product feature requests and uncover deeper customer needs to further construct more accurate user persona and user stories
Feature specification management:
- Work closely with key stakeholders and the product development team to develop executable feature specifications
- Work closely with the product development team to ensure accurate and timely documentation of feature specification and methodologies
Product development management:
- Prioritise product features to be developed, balancing customer demand and potential commercial value, with available resources
- Ensure that product release plans are executed efficiently, on time and on budget
- Organise, communicate and coordinate the work to be done by the Product team in each sprint, using Scrum methodologies
- Work closely with all stakeholders to identify, troubleshoot and find solutions to product development obstacles
- Ongoing process improvement for documentation, agile processes and reporting processes
Product QA management:
- Work closely with the testing manager and product development team to develop a robust test strategy and plan.
- Review product features developed against acceptance criteria, and evaluate whether features are ready for release
- Act as first point of contact for any product queries from the commercial and delivery team
- Act as product specialist in client engagements if required
- Self initiated and takes ownership of assigned responsibilities
- Excellent organizational skills, and proven ability to analyse, prioritise and align numerous workstreams, customer requests and priorities towards a coherent, elegant solution
- Highly motivated to learn new concepts, knowledge and skills, constantly seeking growth and improvement
- Superior problem solving skills, ability to quickly deduce the essence of the problem and come up with probable solutions
- Superior and proactive communications skills, including verbal, written, and presentation
- Proven leadership experience in aligning and mobilizing team members towards achieving a common goal
Qualification and experience:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, Business Analytics or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in product management for technology products; or
- 5+ years in software development or programmatic analytics
- Familiarity with Scala and Python is preferred, but ability to work with other programming technologies will also be considered
- Experience with developing or product managing analytics software is preferred