DataSpark was created from a vision to transform Singtel’s rich and unique repository of data into business value and social impact. Our data products and services provide powerful insights and advanced analytics capabilities to businesses, government agencies, and other telecommunication companies. We strive for our analytics to be trustworthy and relevant to our clients while adhering to high standards of data privacy.
We are looking for an experienced Delivery Engineer to join us to ship robust data platforms that incorporate data science and machine learning algorithms and models that solve problems in telco network management. This is a great opportunity to apply your established expertise in DevOps, engineering, and project execution.
At DataSpark, you get to work with rich and diverse datasets, cutting edge technology, and you get to see the impact of your results in real business and government decisions, which in turn provide positive social benefit for consumers at a large scale. As a startup that is part of Singtel, DataSpark provides an enviable work environment with spirited trailblazing and industrial countenance. Working alongside creative, energetic and passionate teammates from around the world, you get to be a part of our exciting growth journey as we build the company to the next level.
- Analyze and assess suitability of client’s data sources, set up data ingestion, develop transform scripts and validate data outputs in multiple stages
- Work closely with Telco SMEs to evaluate source data and interpret it in a manner that enables effect transforms to be designed and verified.
- Develop charts that can be used within presentations to illustrate data quality and specific data issues.
- Install, configure and manage platforms required to run DataSpark products, such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka and Docker
- Implement scheduling, monitoring, security, logging, microservice management, and other services required for the proper operation of the DataSpark platform
- Perform system integration tests, performance tests, technical acceptance tests, and user acceptance tests to ensure proper functioning of deployed solutions
- Employ continuous delivery and Devops best practices in the deployment, operation and management of the DataSpark platform
- Serve as the technical expert on the project teams to provide technical support and advise Delivery team and client on all technical matters
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering, deployment / delivery engineering, or devops in a customer facing role
- Ideally exposure ML Dev Ops and practical use ML workbench tools such as DataBricks
- Demonstrated clear and thorough logical and analytical thinking, as well as problem solving skills
- Experience in designing solution architecture and sizing for enterprise data processing software based on customer’s data sets, technical environment, and business needs
- Excellence in implementing, configuring and using Big Data technologies, including Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive and Impala, and Cloud Platform such as AWS and Azure
- Proven professional experience in processing large-scale commercial data; experience with telco data a plus
- Experience in integration testing, acceptance testing, and technical documentation
- Superior and proactive communications skills, including verbal, written, and presentation
- A proven team player and contributor
- Self-directed, ability to work independently and research innovative solutions to business problems
- Working knowledge of Docker, System OS (Linux/Unix, RHEL), monitoring systems such as Nagios or Ganglia
- Aptitude of working on multiple projects in parallel
- Attention to detail and data accuracy